Tuesday, September 3, 2013

[Update] 学校が嫌いだぞ

Summer vacation is over. 

・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Autumn is my favorite season, yet I can never enjoy it because I'm stuck in school. Luckily, this is my last year of college. Might even be my last semester if I decide to graduate early. Six years is more than enough. And I'm not even getting a master's or a doctorate. Just a bachelor's on top of the associate's I already have. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll go back and get a PhD so people can call me Dr. Harpel. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  

The best part is, I'm only taking one class and that's Japanese Year Four, which is going to kick my ass. A lot of the kids who take it have studied in Japan at some point, so they'll all be super fluent while I'm staring off into space 'cause I don't know what the heck's going on. But at least I only have to go to class twice a week (no school on Mondays, yay!) for two hours. I should have plenty of time to read, write, and revise to study. 

Speaking of writing, I didn't get half as far as I'd hoped to over the summer. I have about ten chapters left of a standalone I am temporarily calling Shadows and Chains. Sounds kinda kinky, huh? I couldn't think of anything else. Still can't think of anything else. Enchanted Shadows? Rogue Princess? Whatever. As for The Kingdom's Champion, I'm currently taking a long-ass break from it and focusing on the second book, temporarily called Death's Champion, which I have four chapters left to write, and outlining book three . . . Something or Someone's Champion.  (^▽^)

Since I didn't get what I wanted done, as promised, I'm committing seppuku. My weapon of choice: 

It's Nerf. Or nothing. 

Anyone else heading back to school? 

2 comments:

  1. Shadow and Chains, huh? Straight to the point. I couldn't find a title for my second novel either. I knew i wanted to work the words EDGE or LOST somewhere in there. The other day I setlled on (drumroll, please...) The Lost and the Wicked. It's a temporary title, but I just might keep it. I kind of like it.


    You might want to re-think the whole Rogue Princess, since some novel's have already used that title.


    I do really like the Death Champion title for the second book. I was thinking of calling my second novel in the Element Wielder series, Lord of Chaos. That is until I went to the library and saw that one of Robert Jordan's novel is titled that. So I guess I have to think of something else.


    How are you doing with agents, Joey? Are you close to sending out your queries?


    That's cool that you only have one class to go to. This quarter I'm not going to any classes, but if I can get a scholarship or/and grant, I want to go back and finish my teacher credentials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, that looks like a trashy romance novel. I hate titling things with a passion, so I'm not really going to worry about it. Authors don't always have much say in the title anyway. There are a lot of books that share the same title, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Lord of Chaos sounds pretty cool. :) I'm not going to lie, the first thing that came to mind when you said The Lost and the Wicked was "The Young and the Restless" (my grandma made me watch soaps when I was little). Sorry if I ruined the title for you. :(


    I have not started querying yet. I'm waiting until I get more feedback on book one, which is a lengthy process. How dare everyone have lives! Their goal in life should be to critique my work. lol, jk. In the meantime, I'm trying to finish book two and outline book three (and four and five and six) just so I make sure I include everything I need in book one. Hopefully I can start querying soon though. I'm trying to build up a list of potential agents. The hardest part is going to be creating the query itself. It's so hard! D: Are you getting close to querying?


    I only have one class, but it's kicking my butt. I hate it so much. I never get the homework done and I have no idea what the teacher and the other students are saying half the time. Is teaching what you want to do? I thought of being a history major at one point (I have enough credits, I probably could minor in it at least) but I wouldn't know what kind of job to get with it. Teaching seems to be the only option.

    ReplyDelete