Tuesday, July 30, 2013

[Update] C'est Moi

Hi all! I'm finally able to blog again. I can almost hear your groans of displeasure. *relishing in it* I've had to rely on my Surface Tablet since my laptop started acting up in May. I still haven't gotten the stupid thing fixed, mainly because I don't want to shell out a bunch of money for it (that's a lie, my parents would have to pay) and I'm loath to talk to the idiots at Best Buy (laziness factors in as well), so my boyfriend built me a desktop. I love that he's graduated and has a job now. He spoils me so. :D

Writerly Updates:


I got nothing. Seriously, this summer has been a waste. All I do is sleep and swim. Anyway, I'm revising book one, wrapping up book two, outlining book three, and I've written, so far, eleven chapters of a YA fantasy standalone. I swear, if I don't finish the first draft of it by the end of August, I'm going to commit seppuku. No lie.

So playing Jeopardy has shown me that I am horribly not well-read. When it comes to classic literature, that is. I haven't even read Huckleberry Finn for pity's sake. So I've decided to go through Book Riot's list. Not all of them are classics, of course, but they're pretty popular books that I should still read. I'm a little leery, since 50 Shades of Grey is on the list. I will read everything on it, from top to bottom, except The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson because eff that noise. Poetry can go suck it.

Well this concludes my post. I'll hopefully be getting back into my routine of posting Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've noticed my most popular posts tend to be about anime and k-pop, so my next one'll probably be something along those lines. ^.^

How's life?

5 comments:

  1. "All I do is sleep and swim."


    Well you can do better than me, at least. I have an...aversion to water, so pretty much anytime I'm tasked with navigating the deep (which is never, as per my plans), it doesn't go well. How do you float? HOW DO YOU FLOAT? It's IMPOSSIBLE!


    ...Besides, the water belongs to the fish anyway. Let them have it, I say.


    My landlubber status aside, it's good to hear from you again. For a while there I was worried you'd gotten lost in the wild -- but I guess I got a little too hasty there. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to see what you post next, whenever it may appear. Just don't get discouraged; I'm a guy that loves writing, and even I find myself going URRRRRRRRRRRRRGH when it's time to sit down and type something. What's important is that you sit down and pound something out (hint: having the right custom soundtrack helps); after all, you and I wouldn't be writing if we didn't have great stories in mind. So we owe it to ourselves to keep going and put those chapters down on paper. Er...pixels. Know what I mean?


    So yeah, good luck on your end. Keep at it, persevere, endure hardships, and the like. And most of all...be wary around the water. You never know when the Portuguese man-o-war might strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you too! :D It's been awhile. Having the right soundtrack really does help. Depending on the story and the character, I have tons of playlists set up. I listen to Pandora a lot too.


    It's hard to just pound something out. Especially when I'm so easily distracted. Pets, books, walls...they get me every time.


    How do you sink?! I couldn't even if I wanted to. I suppose it helps to be all fat and no muscle. Buoyancy! It's my super power. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me you've been posting chapters faster than I can crit ;). That's not too shabby. End of August? Seppuku??? Sheesh. I better get critting...Sleeping and swimming? Enjoy it while you can. I miss days like that. Not complaining. But it seems like a lifetime ago. Of course it didn't help that I got married when I was 21 :p.
    No love of poetry? I have a book of Japanese Death Poems I'm sort of attached to, but other than that, no...
    Reading- The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost. So far, I'm liking it. Trying to find more comps for querying.
    Movies- Saw Pacific Rim. Really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Giant Robot and Godzilla (old ones). And Wolverine. Hugh Jackman and ninja's...what's not to like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can't help it you're so slow, slacker. Haha, just kidding. :) I've been posting faster than I probably should, but I just want to get this draft of KC out of the way so I can focus on Adela's story.


    Japanese Death Poems? That sounds interesting. :D The problem with poems are, I don't know how to read them and I hate interpreting things, having to figure out a meaning behind everything. I like things for their entertainment value, not what they're trying to say. Epic poems don't bother me as much though. I enjoyed Beowulf. Oh! And I like children's poems that rhyme. Like from Where The Sidewalk Ends.


    Paladin Prophecy? I've seen the cover at the bookstore but haven't picked it up yet. I'll have to give it a try. :) I've been wanting to go see Pacific Rim and Wolverine. Have to watch all the other X-Men movies first though. I'm kind of behind on movies. Only recently have I seen The Avengers. Sad, really. Still haven't seen the last Dark Knight movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On page 331 of 550. It's officially awesome. Must read.

    ReplyDelete