Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year and junk! I just put up my new 2013 calendar. Bilbo Baggins is looking at me like I'm crazy. Can't wait until December so's I can stare at Legolas. :B

This year I decided to make a few resolutions. I usually never bother because I don't do what I plan to do. But I figured if I put it out there in public, I'll have more motivation to actually go through with it. So here they are:
  • Get fit. I think this is pretty much on everyone's list. Except for the already awesome people. And I'm not talking about wanting to lose a bunch of weight by starving myself and becoming an emaciated little twig you can snap like a chicken bone. No. I'm talking all muscle, baby. Six pack and everything. Then I'll be ready to kick some ass! 
  • Finish a few books. I want to finish revising The Kingdom's Champion: Book One and start sending it out to agents. I also want to finish the first draft of book two and begin revising it. Lastly, I've started a new YA fantasy stand-alone, which I intend to have done by the 22nd of this month, which is when I return to school. 
  • Get better at multi-tasking/be more productive. I tend to stare off into space a lot. I have a ton of free time, but I never get anything done. 
  • Create more interesting blog posts/ gain a bigger audience. I'm still trying to get into this whole blogging thing. I haven't been very successful so far, but then again I haven't really tried all that hard. I'm still learning. Hopefully this year I will be able to make a stronger online presence and really find my blogging voice. 
  • Get straight A's in school. My boyfriend promised he'd buy me another bookshelf if I did. Heck yeah! 
  • Become super fluent in Japanese and German. I'm getting better, but this year I really want to improve my speaking, listening, and kanji. 
So what are your resolutions? 

6 comments:

  1. Alexandra CampbellJanuary 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM

    I like your straightforward resolutions! And I think your blog is great. Growing more followers is on my list too :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Getting more followers is pretty difficult. I'm kind of shy, so it's hard for me to put myself out there and try to talk to people. Even if it is on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm talking all muscle, baby. Six pack and everything. Then I'll be ready to kick some ass!"

    Ooooooooooooh! Fantastic -- and then you can moonlight as a wrestler! Question is, would you train yourself in the heavy-hitter school, or don a mask and go for high-flying, high-speed luchador antics? Or you could specialize in submission holds, which is admittedly what I'd do; debilitating your opponent and removing their ability to attack is always something I've held in high esteem.

    Anyway, I've got the same goal of getting more notable in the blogiverse. It seems like a number of notables on the internet have made a name for themselves just by raging at video games and random jokes, so I figure I can get in on that as well. Although I prefer to take a more sedate route and do some (semi) serious analyzing. It's the only way to know for sure if a game is fantastic (Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction) or awful (too many games to list here).

    I also have an auxiliary goal of cleaning up my Blogger dashboard so I can see when people who actually post new content to their blogs post something. That's probably why I'm commenting on this almost a week late.

    In any case, I'm hoping things go well on your end. Perseverance is key, so just keep at it and you're sure to get results. And keep posting so in the off-chance -- or likely chance --that I don't clean up my dashboard, I might notice a new post on your blog.

    Also, get as strong as you can, so as to further your wrestling career. I would assume that there are few joys in life greater than performing the legendary Giant Swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No resolutions for me.

    However, I have been thinking of starting to blog. I LOVE books and anime. So I'll probably concentrate more on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! At the rate I'm going though, I'm going to be big enough to just sit on my opponent and suffocate them. There's so much candy in my house. D:

    I don't use the blogger dashboard. It's annoying trying to keep track of posts on it. I use an app called Newsify on my iPod. It's pretty nifty. I'd recommend it.

    Good luck with your blogging endeavors! You're a great writer and pretty funny, so I'm sure you'll be able to gain more of an audience. If I played more video games, I would comment more. I should make playing more video games a resolution as well.

    ReplyDelete