Thursday, November 1, 2012

And So It Begins...

Yes, the dreaded/highly anticipated NaNoWriMo is here! I've actually decided to take it seriously this year. The one time I attempted it before, I don't think I even made it to 3,000 words. But this year I'm gonna do it. I WILL MAKE IT TO 50,000. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

I hope.

Curse homework.

Anyway, it took me a while to choose which project I wanted to work on. One is a New Age novel that deals with religion and the anti-christ and all that junk. The other is a gritty Young Adult action story with lots of violence, drinking, and swearing. Naturally, I picked the latter. It's going to be 1st person present tense. It'll be a nice change from the project I've been working on, which is 3rd person past. I've actually been working on this story off and on since high school, but I've decided to start from scratch with it. It should be fun, since the tone's a lot darker than what I'm used to writing.

My goal with this story is to self-publish it as soon as possible. And then I'd like to take whatever I make on it, if anything, and put it towards studying in Japan for a semester.

So if you don't see anymore blog posts throughout November, now you know why.

Anyone else participating in NaNoWriMo?

2 comments:

  1. Oh. I just assumed you would be working on your current novel. I had no idea you had another one.

    I'm going to work on my sequel to Element Wielder. I'm already 8,000 word's into it. I also have a 2nd novel that I been working on. It's a post-apocoloptic novel. I got no title for it yet, but I already written 27,000 word's on that one. So I'll be working on that one too. It's first person. I don't know about you, Joey. But I find 1st person much easier to write than 3d person.



    Anyhow. I doubt I'll be able to reach 50,000 word's. Especially since I'll be submitting and revising chapters in CC as well. And I also got College work, but I'll give it my best shot.


    I was actually going to go to Japan or China to study for a year back in 2010. But I had to cancel it because some things came up with my family. It sucked : (.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 46,000 words into the second novel, but I've decided to change so much, I'm probably going to start over. Besides, the story is starting to drive me nuts, so I just want to take a break from it and start on a stand-alone novel.

    I agree. I'm not sure why, but first person is A LOT easier to write. I find I write with more detail and it's obviously easier to get into the character's head.

    I probably won't be able to reach 50,000 words either. I'm a slow writer and I have a lot of homework. However, I'm cutting myself off of CC except to critique other people's work. I wish you luck! がんばってください!

    I'm sorry to hear about your trip. Hopefully you will be able to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete