Friday, September 7, 2012

Liebster Award?! Ausgezeichnet!

So I was nominated for this award last week by an awesome blogger: Rhamy Payne (aka Voltech) of Cross-Up. Be sure to check out his site. It's full of awesome.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to cheat though. I do not have 11 people to pass this on to. *hangs head*

Joey Harpel = Epic Fail
(シ_ _)シ
申し訳ありません! I'm sorry!

I can't help it! I've been working on my writing and getting ready for school. I just don't have time to make a lot of blogger friends. I'm socially inept. I accept this.

But I still want to answer the questions because it seems like a lot of fun! To my understanding, what I'm supposed to do is tell 11 things about myself, answer 11 questions created by the person who tagged me, then compose 11 of my own questions, and then tag 11 people so they can enjoy/suffer the process. Hate me if you will, but I'm just going to do the first two things...

Again,

Joey Harpel = Epic Fail

11 things about me: 

1. I have an obsession with all things Asian. Especially Asian men. (。♥‿♥。)

2. I have two pets. My cat, Cuddles, is fifteen or sixteen years old. I've had him since I was six or seven. I also have an annoyingly cute Pomeranian/Chihuahua named Wulfgar. 

3. I've been to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Iceland. I threw up at Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, skinned my knee jumping into the river that runs through the Englischer Garten in Munich, received kisses on the cheek from an Irishman, ate horrible cheesecake on the Rhein, got lost in both Dresden and Munich, got burnt to a crisp and saw two avalanches in the Swiss Alps, toured a bunch of churches and castles, and consumed a lot of Pringles and orange Fanta. Best two weeks EVER. 

4. I'm deathly afraid of talking to people. It took me years to become semi-comfortable going up to a cashier to pay for stuff. I still loathe talking on the phone, and holding a conversation with a stranger is impossible. Hell, it's hard to even talk to family at times. 

5. I love to fly. First time I flew through a storm cloud, I fell in love with being up in the air. After that I took an aviation class in high school and got to help fly a small plane. One of my biggest dreams was to become a pilot. That was before I realized how much math and money is required to get a license. Though, perhaps one day I will have my own plane... 

6. Teen Titans and Avatar: the Last Airbender are tied for first place as my favorite cartoons ever. True story. 

7. I tend to contradict myself a lot. No, I don't.

8. I strongly believe all insects should be eradicated off the face of the planet. Along with sharks, religious fanatics, politicians, and reality TV stars. 

9. This is my shadow. 
It looks like I'm missing half of my arm. Hehe.

10. I'm blunt. I don't like sugarcoating things, or trying to be subtle. I try to tell it like it is.

11. Causing people physical pain makes me happy. I'm pretty violent. Punching and kicking things is fun, and I abuse my boyfriend all the time. Don't worry. He likes it.

My answers to 11 questions: 

1. Surprise! You're a superhero. What's your superpower? Telekinesis! Like Raven from Teen Titans.

2. As a corollary to the above, are you a hero or a villain? As much as I would like to be a villain, I would probably end up as a flawed hero, dishing out justice in my own, twisted way.

3. As a corollary to the corollary, what's your catch phrase? Some variant of "It's clobberin' time," perhaps? "Wapacha!"

4. Have you ever been in a fight? Unfortunately, I have not. But it sounds super fun! I always wonder if I could hold my own in a fight.

5. Have you ever had (or still have -- not that anyone's judging) an imaginary friend? I think I may have played poker with my imaginary friends when I was like three or four, but I didn't have a specific friend with a name. I think the closest thing I've had to imaginary friends are the characters in my novel. I like to pretend I'm in the story with them or that I'm one of them. Yes. Yes, I am creepy.

6. You hear that there's an ancient treasure, and you narrow down the location to two places: a deep jungle, or a mountain summit. You only have the resources for one expedition. Where do you go? Hmm. I love the idea of being in a jungle, but in reality they harbor huge ass bugs. And, like, other killer animals. So I'm gonna go with mountain summit.

7. And now you're in an RPG! You have a choice of being a fighter, a mage, or a thief. What do you choose, and why? Ooo. Tricky. Being a fighter or a thief would be awesome, but I'm going to have to go with mage, since I've always wished I could do magic.

8. You can have your dream machine -- a new computer, a rocket car, jetpack, personalized mech, etc. -- delivered to you by tomorrow morning. What do you want? Time machine!

9. You have the power to resurrect any canceled/finished TV show, with the original cast and writing that's better than ever. What do you revive? Awesome question! There are so many... Teen Titans, I guess. I heard they might be making another season though, so I may get my wish.

10. You've been struck by lightning! Oh nutbunnies! What are (presumably) your last words? "Welp."

11. And just to close out on a curveball, what's your dream? I have many. To become a fire-breathing dragon, to become an evil tyrant, to own a castle on my own island, to own a fleet of cars/trucks, to create an all Asian reverse harem(!!!), and to become a best-selling author. I wonder which'll happen first. My money is on the first.

Woo! That was fun. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Man, it's weird seeing my real name on the internet. But I suppose I shouldn't ask for anything else; back in middle school there was an eighth-grader who spent an entire semester in P.E. thinking my name was "Gravy."


    At any rate, I'm surprised to hear you're so well-traveled. The farthest I've ever been from home is Kentucky, so I imagine leaving the country is something akin to diving head-first into an alternate reality. But even so, it sounds like you had quite an adventure...and seeing two avalanches? Hopefully you didn't get an up-close-and-personal experience...although if you did and survived, you're even more metal than I first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love travelling, though I wish I had the money to do it more often. Too bad I'm a poor college student. Hopefully my next trip will be to Japan or South Korea. :D Or to Vegas again. I loooove Vegas.

    ReplyDelete