Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back To School (ノД`)・゜・。

This is going to be a painful semester.
This year is gonna suck. Big time. It's my fifth year of college and I'm incredibly sick of school. Not looking forward to boring books, weekly five to ten page essays, and having to actually talk to people. Class discussions are the worst. And I think I'll probably end up going for another year after this too. Hopefully it'll be in Japan though.

Classes I'll be taking this semester:
  • Japanese Year Three (super nervous because I've forgotten nearly everything)
  • Modern Korean Literature
  • Modern South Asian Literature
  • Ancient Rome (I could be a freaking history major with all the history classes I've taken over the years.)
  • The Christian Left and Right (laaaame) 
I wanted to take a German Folklore class, but it went until 8:50 at night and I just don't have enough interest in the topic to risk being mugged or murdered.

*places hands on hips* Look at that freaking stack of books. I'm not going to have any time to read anything good or finish my novel! And college books are way too expensive. Even buying most of mine used, I paid over three hundred for all of them. And one of my classes hasn't posted what books we need yet, so I'm sure I'll be buying another four or five books. I'm glad I'm past the point where I have to pay a hundred to two hundred dollars for a single book. Now I take mostly discussion type classes that require novels rather than huge textbooks.

To motivate myself to actually do my schoolwork, I'll probably be posting stuff related to my classes. So long as it has something to do with reading or writing, such as the differences between Western and Eastern literature. I'll also be complaining from time to time on how much school sucks. Sorry in advance.

If you don't see anymore posts from me, it's because I jumped into the Mississippi, threw myself under a bus, shot myself, etc...

Anybody else heading back to school? 

No comments:

Post a Comment