Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Writing Space


So I spent my part of my Saturday night cleaning my room. Exciting stuff, I know. It still smells a bit like a foot in here, but at least I can walk through it again! *not ashamed* I decided I would post a picture of where I spend most of my time--my lovely writing space.


On my desk, besides all the tech stuff, I have a business English book, two Writer's Digest magazines, a couple of National Geographics, On Writing Horror by The Horror Writers Association, How to Write Science-Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card, 
Dirty Japanese Dictionary 
(super useful when I want to curse people out without them knowing), the first volume of Bleach (Japanese manga) which I haven't translated yet, ラブリー・ボーン(The Lovely Bones) by アリス・シーボルト(Alice Sebold) which I also haven't gotten around to translating, a Teen Titans DVD (I should really continue my marathon), and my Kindle.

Underneath my desk is my puppy's bed and some of his toys. A Game of Thrones calendar hangs next to my chair. On my white board I always have some sort of message in Japanese, usually telling me to study (which I oftentimes refuse to do). On my cork board I have a list of major revisions I need to do for my book, a list of novels I want to read, a German grammar sheet I never look at, and, of course, a picture of Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach. He's so friggin' awesome. There are also a few quotes:
"Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." - Nathaniel Hawthorne 
"Don’t say it was ‘delightful’; make us say ‘delightful’ when we’ve read the description. You see, all those words (horrifying, wonderful, hideous, exquisite) are only like saying to your readers ‘Please will you do the job for me.’" - C.S. Lewis 
"Always grab the reader by the throat in the first paragraph, sink your thumbs into his windpipe in the second, and hold him against the wall until the tag line." - Paul O'Neil
The color of my walls actually comes from the cover of the book Eragon. I know, I'm such a geek. o(≧∇≦o)

Have you carved out a place where you like to read/write?

No comments:

Post a Comment