Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jordan Sharp

What I'm Reading: The Light-Bearer's Daughter - O.R. Melling
What I'm Listening to: Time Is Up - LEDApple

Jordan Sharp is the only female character in The Kingdom's Champion (I should really come up with a more interesting title) whose head we get inside. The rest of the five POVs are from males. Jordan is tough, not afraid to speak her mind, and, of course, she's pretty and in shape--even though she eats like a football player. She has a lot of confidence in herself--sometimes too much. Her favorite thing to do is swim in her pool, but she also plays other sports like hockey and softball. Her favorite saying: "Get off my nutsack."

Since it's hard to market a novel these days without romantic elements in it, there is a love triangle in the story. Two handsome boys--one a prince, the other a hero prophesied to save the country--are constantly vying for her attention. I just hope it doesn't turn into a Team ___ against Team ___ thing.

Jordan's a bit rough around the edges, but I think it makes her a strong, likable female character.

Her top twenty songs in no particular order:

Next up is Mark!

2 comments: