What I'm Reading: The Light-Bearer's Daughter - O.R. Melling
What I'm Listening to: Time Is Up - LEDApple
Jordan Sharp is the only female character in The Kingdom's Champion (I should really come up with a more interesting title) whose head we get inside. The rest of the five POVs are from males. Jordan is tough, not afraid to speak her mind, and, of course, she's pretty and in shape--even though she eats like a football player. She has a lot of confidence in herself--sometimes too much. Her favorite thing to do is swim in her pool, but she also plays other sports like hockey and softball. Her favorite saying: "Get off my nutsack."
Since it's hard to market a novel these days without romantic elements in it, there is a love triangle in the story. Two handsome boys--one a prince, the other a hero prophesied to save the country--are constantly vying for her attention. I just hope it doesn't turn into a Team ___ against Team ___ thing.
Jordan's a bit rough around the edges, but I think it makes her a strong, likable female character.
Her top twenty songs in no particular order:
- Can't Be Saved - Senses Fail
- Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
- Breath - Breaking Benjamin
- You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison - My Chemical Romance
- The Chemicals Between Us - Bush
- Beverly Hills - Weezer
- F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X - The Fall of Troy
- Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
- Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
- The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
- Everlong - Foo Fighters
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- In Too Deep - Sum 41
- Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy
- Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against
- Dancing On Thin Ice - Shock Stars
- Your Betrayal - Bullet for My Valentine
- Last Train Home - Lost Prophets
- Promise Me - Dead by April
- A Town Called Hypocrisy - Lost Prophets
Next up is Mark!